This webinar focuses on the ASD FieldSpec® instrument, how it can be used to aid in determining the environmental impact of mining, and why this is important.
- Measurement type: Ground truthing
- Date:November 28 2018 – November 28 2018
- Time: 12:00 – 13:00
(GMT-05:00) Eastern [US & Canada]
- Event type: Webinar – Live
- Language: English Technology:Near-infrared Spectroscopy (NIR)
Dr. Sebnem Düzgün is a full Professor and Fred Banfield Distinguished Endowed
Chair in the Department of Mining Engineering at Colorado School of Mines.
Who should attend?
Anybody that may have interest in learning about remote sensing and the ASD FieldSpec® spectroradiometer’s involvement in monitoring and aiding in determinating the environmental impact of mining.
With an increasing importance of sustainable mining, this presentation can serve as a learning opportunity and guide in monitoring investigations to benefit those in mining, civil, geological and environmental engineering.
What will you learn?
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Overview of sustainable mining and the environmental impacts of mining
- Basic principles of remote sensing and its applications in mine environment monitoring
- Use of the ASD FieldSpec for ground truth and image analysis purposes – implementing remote sensing techniques and how to interpret the acquired data for different purposes
- Case study — Soil pollution mapping for an abandoned coal mine