SETSYS Evolution is the standard for high performance TGA, TG-DSC and TG-DTA application. It is based on a complete modular thermal analysis platform for:
- TGA, DTA and DSC
- Simultaneous TGA/DTA and TGA/DSC
- Dilatometry / TMA
The key to the SETSYS TGA-DTA / DSC is Setaram’s unique symmetrical balance, a highly robust and flexible furnace configuration offering unique performance and the lowest operational costs of any system available. The SETSYS can be configured to operate up to 2400°C and also use controlled humidity, vacuum and highly aggressive atmospheres.
The SETSYS Evolution comes equipped with a robust and high performance graphite furnace, offering high scanning rates ( up to 100 °C/min across the entire temperature range) and fast turn around between experiments.
A SINGLE furnace covers all applications from ambient to 2400 °C . The maximum temperature operation is adjusted by simply and rapidly changing the control thermocouple (for 1000, 16000, 1750 or 2400 °C).
SETSYS Evolution provides also primary and secondary vacuum capabilities.
A high-performance gas control panel equipped with MFC (Mass Flow Controllers) ensures a precise control of the atmosphere and of the gas mixtures.
Many possibilities are offered for the control of the atmosphere.
Standard SETSYS Evolution configuration allow for any type of gas up to 1750 °C. Above 1750 °C, the furnace remains the same and a few accessories are replaced to allow operation up to 2400 °C.
Gas include H2, CO2, NH3 up to 100% concentration. Optional accessories are available for:
- ensuring hydrogen safety
- working under corrosive gas (allows evaluation of materials under 100% corrosive gas) – see the technical note TN679
- working under fluorine
- working under humidity – see the humid gas generator WETSYS (generates a humid carrier gas up to 90% RH at 70°C, can be used up to 1750°C, gases include Air, He, N2, CO2…, can program complex humidity profiles)
The symmetrical and hang-down balance of the SETSYS Evolution has been designed specifically and only for TGA applications. Key features include:
- ability to measure range of sample mass (mg to 35 g)
- ability to detect small mass changes over long periods of times
- high sensitivity
- market leading baseline stability against both time and temperature
Electronics & software
SETSYS Evolution comes equipped with CALISTO, the most powerful, user friendly software on the market