- Simplicity of use.
- Two temperature ranges, RT up to 1150°C and RT up to 1600°C.
- High Precision Cp Measurements. 3D (Calvet type) multiple thermocouples design.
- Top loading furnace with easily interchangeable rods.
LABSYS evo TGA
TGA, and Simultaneous TGA-DTA, TGA-DSC from ambient to 1150°C or 1600°C
- A comprehensive line of thermal analyzers with two temperature ranges chosen and optimized for distinct families of application:
- RT – 1 150 °C, a cost effective solution mostly (but not only) for organic materials studies (polymers, pharmaceuticals, petroleum by-products…),
- RT – 1 600 °C, for demanding high temperature experiments involving mostly (but not only) inorganic materials like ceramics or metals.
- A top loading balance designed specifically for thermal analysis applications featuring unmatched stability, reproducibility and accuracy.
- Plug & play TGA, DTA, DSC and CP rods for the best Simultaneous Thermal Analysis experience users can get.
- A 30 samples / 6 references autosampler able to automatically configure to the different sensors and crucibles.
|Temperature Range||Room temperature to 1 150 °C
Room temperature to 1 600 °C
|Isothermal temperature accuracy||+/- 1 °C|
|Programmable temperature scanning rate||0.01 to 100 °C.min-1 (heating)|
|Furnace cooling||30 min (1 150 °C to 50 °C)
32 min (1 600 °C to 50 °C)
|Maximum balance capacity||20gr|
|Weight range||+/- 1 000 mg; +/- 200 mg|
|TG resolution||0,2µgr / 0,02µgr|
|DSC rod – Resolution||0.4 μW / 10 μW dependent on sensor|
|3D Cp rod – Cp Accuracy||< 2 %|
|Vacuum||< 10-1 mbar|
|Evolved gas||MS, FTIR, GC/MS coupling|
|Gases Flow Control||•Two inlets for gas scanning (inert or reactive)
•Option: 3 carrier gases (MFC from 4 to 200 ml/min) and 1 auxiliary or reactive gas
(MFC from 0.3 to 16 ml/min)*
|Dimensions (Height / Width / Depth)||56 closed, 76 opened / 53 / 58 cm|
|Power requirements||230 V – 50/60 Hz|
- SIMULTANEOUS THERMAL ANALYSIS
(TG-DTA or TG-DSC) additionally allows qualifying or quantifying the heat effects occurring during a mass variation or any transition not related to a mass change.
The different LABSYS evo STA rods (DTA, DSC, 3D CP) are changed within seconds using our unique “plug & play” connector and the automatic identification system of the rod type.
DTA is available with 80, 90 or 100 μl crucibles made of aluminum, alumina or platinum
Plate type DSC is available with 80, 90 or 100 μl crucibles made of aluminum, alumina or platinum.
- EVOLVED GAS ANALYSIS
LABSYS evo offers a “Plug & play” gas analyzer coupling device,enabling simultaneous MS and FTIR connections. The coupling device is heated up to 300 °C to avoid any gas condensation and is complete ly insulated for a safe handling.
- AUTO SAMPLER
A NEW auto sampler system is available for Labsys evo TGA, TGA-DSC, TGA-DTA providing 30 samples and 6 references possibilities.
LABSYS evo STA 1150 applies mostly to organic materials when a more in-depth understanding of their thermal behavior is necessary. Identifying the thermal phenomena is made easier thanks to the DTA or DSC signals. Transitions like melting, crystallization, glass transition and solid-solid transitions, or reactions like curing and oxidation (OIT: oxygen induction time) can then be characterized together with the phenomena involving mass variations.
LABSYS evo STA 1150 is also an ideal tool to screen thermal hazards linked with energetic materials.
LABSYS evo STA 1600 is the ultimate solution when temperatures as high as 1600 °C are concerned. It is the perfect tool to understand the thermal behavior of materials that are exposed to extreme temperatures during their production, service, or recycling.
There are numerous examples but one can cite the determination of the sintering temperatures of metal powders, the determination of the thermal characteristics and ageing of refractory materials or the incineration of industrial wastes.
The LABSYS evo STA 1600 can also be used with the 3D CP rod which, on top of heat capacity measurements, allows for accurate quantification of heat transition effects