Reaction, isothermal and scanning calorimeter (ambient to 300°C)
Incomparable precision of measurement: the 3D Calvet sensor totally surrounds the sample, and all heat evolved is measured. Now matter how small or large the thermal transformation the system provides a complete picture of the event.
Absolute calibration: with a three-dimensional transducer the sensitivity of the C80 is independent of:
- The weight, form and nature (powder, fiber, liquid, etc.) of the sample
- Any contact between the sample and the transducer
- The type of crucible used
- The nature of the sweeping gas (inert, oxidizing, wet) and its flow rate.
Flexibility using the power of the detector, and the wide range of available vessels the C80 calorimeter offers the ability to simulate almost any process condition:
- Isothermal calorimeter: the heat measurement is performed at a constant temperature
- Scanning calorimeter: the heat measurement is performed during a temperature program
- Reaction calorimeter: mixing vessels allow for the simulation of reaction conditions, liquid/liquid, solid/liquid and even gas phase reactions can be measured.
- Cp Measurement, liquids, solids and powders
- Heats of solution and many more.
Ease of operation: dedicated market leading CALISTO software that is not only intuitive but powerful enough to perform every typical experiments and data treatment.
|Temperature range||Ambient to 300°C|
|Temperature accuracy||+/- 0.1°C|
|Temperature precision||+/- 0.05°C|
|Programmable temperature scanning rate |
( heating and cooling)
|0.001 hasta 2°C/min|
|RMS Noise||1 μW|
|Sensitivity (Joule effect at 30°C)||30 μW/mW|
|Dynamic range||+/- 660 MW – +/- 2000 mW|
|Cells||12.5 ml (standard cell)|
|Pressure (measured & controlled)||350 bar (5,075 psi) – 600 bar (8,700 psi) – 1000 bar (14,600 psi)|
|Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth)||60/25/31 cm (23.6/9.8/12.2 in)|
|Power requirements||230 V – 50/60 Hz|
With its temperature range (ambient to 300°C) and its large range of cells the C80 calorimeter can meet a wide range of applications, especially when dealing with:
- Process Safety: risks related to accidental pressure build up, synthesis of chemical followed by its thermal decomposition, thermal stability of substances, risks during normal operations, risks during an accident, time & mass scales
- Life Sciences – Pharmaceuticals Products: polymorphism detection by dissolution studies, behavior of a drug under a wet atmosphere, study of polymorphism / crystallinity of drugs, amorphism, metabolism of living species, thermal stability of intermediate products
- Energy: desulfurization of diesels by zeolithes, measure of reactivity of asphalt-salt mixtures, gas hydrates formation / dissociation, catalyzers characterization, adsorption of hydrogen (fuel cell), stability of nuclear waste, thermal characterization (nuclear)
- Food: neutralization of free fatty acids in oils, gel formation / dissociation, dissolution studies, melting, crystallization, amorphism, stability vs. oxidation. View the application notes in your field, by visiting our Application Library Area. We have also included a powerful search engine that will enable you to find the most applicable data.