Automated, high throughput performance and High-quality data
Tristar II Plus
Descripción del Producto
Micromeritics’ TriStar II PLUS is a state-of-the-art instrument suited for use in both quality control and research environments. Intended for laboratories that require high throughput and the highest quality data, it contains all the capabilities of the TriStar II with additional hardware and software features.
- Three analysis ports can operate simultaneously and independently of one another. Three BET surface area measurements can be performed in less than 20 minutes. For additional throughput, four TriStars II can be operated with one computer.
- P0 port with dedicated pressure transducer allows continuous monitoring of saturation pressure.
- The unique stainless steel analysis manifold is corrosive resistant and designed for highly-accurate gas management.
- Improved dewar design provides more than 40 hours of continuous temperature control.
- Surface areas as low as 0.01 m2/g can be measured with the standard nitrogen system. The TriStar II accommodates the use of argon, carbon dioxide, and other non-corrosive gases such as butane, methane, or other light hydrocarbons. A Krypton Option can extend surface area measurements to as low as 0.001 m2/g.
- Intuitive MicroActive software gives the user the ability to interactively evaluate isotherm data and reduces the time required to obtain surface area and porosity results.
- Capable of utilizing two isotherms (CO2 and N2) for calculating pore size diameter via NLDFT for micropore analyses of carbons.
- Pharmaceuticals – Surface area and porosity play major roles in the purification, processing, blending, tableting, and packaging of pharmaceutical products as well as their useful shelf life, dissolution rate, and bio-availability.
- Ceramics – Surface area and porosity affect the curing and bonding of greenware and influence strength, texture, appearance, and density of finished goods. The surface area of glazes and glass frits affects shrinkage, crazing, and crawling.
- Adsorbents – Knowledge of surface area, total pore volume, and pore size distribution is important for quality control of industrial adsorbents and in the development of separation processes. Surface area and porosity characteristics affect the selectivity of an adsorbent.
- Activated Carbons – Surface area and porosity must be optimized within narrow ranges to accomplish gasoline vapor recovery in automobiles, solvent recovery in painting operations, or pollution controls in wastewater management.
- Carbon Black, Catalysts, Cosmetics, Paints and Coatings, Projectile Propellants, Medical Implants, Nanotubes, Aerogels and Fuel Cells.
MicroActive – Interactive Data Reduction and Control Software
Micromeritics’ innovative MicroActive software allows users to interactively evaluate isotherm data from Micromeritics ASAP, TriStar, and Gemini gas adsorption instruments. Users can easily include or exclude data, fitting the desired range of experimentally acquired data points using interactive, movable calculation bars. Isotherms can be viewed on either a linear or logarithmic scale and available to the user under each calculation model. No need to generate reports to review results – now see it graphically and interactively on screen.
Sample Preparation Systems
Micromeritics’ sample preparation devices prepare batches of samples for surface area and pore volume analysis. They combine flowing gas and/or vacuum with heat to remove atmospheric contaminants, such as water vapor and adsorbed gas, from the surface and pores of the sample. The quality of the data produced by surface area and pore volume analyses depends greatly on the cleanliness of the sample surface. All Micromeritics’ sample preparation devices accept helium, nitrogen, argon, and other non-corrosive gases Chiller Dewar