Superior Particle Sizing/Counting Capability in a Small Package
Elzone II 5390
Unlike other measurement techniques, the electrical sensing zone method can size samples that have assorted optical properties, densities, colors, and shapes. The Elzone II can determine the size, number, concentration, and mass of innumerable organic and inorganic materials.
The Elzone’s high level of accuracy and resolution, speed, and ease of use make it equally suitable for industry, quality control, and research and development laboratories.
- Sizes and counts both organic and inorganic materials from 0.4 to 266 µm.
- Different conductive liquids can be used without needing to enter an extensive set of liquid properties
- Does not require previous knowledge of material properties (density, refractive index).
- Automated features include: start-up, run, and shut-down routines; blockage detection and clearing; flushing/rinsing; and calibration.
- A CCD camera provides real-time video display of the aperture to assure a clear path through the detection zone
- Biomaterials – Particle sizing of blood cells, platelets, bacteria, plant cells, mammalian cells, yeast, pollen, spores, and many other types of materials is typically done by population (number). Data collected are the number of cells per milliliter and/or the population distribution of cells.
Population data can also be used to evaluate fermentation processes.
- Toner and Inks – It is important that the particles have a narrow size distribution intoners or inks for printing. If there are any large particles, printer nozzles can clog or streaks can be left on prints. Both volume and population data are useful in analyzing toners and inks.
- Confirm Software for the Elzone: the optional Confirm software addresses FDA’s 21 CFR Part 11 requirements for submitting documentation in electronic form. Its features include assuring data security, maintenance of time-stamped audit trails, authority checks, password aging, and data reporting.
- ElectroPrep 053:
The Micromeritics ElectroPrep is capable of producing a constant supply of filtered electrolyte. The device can ensure that even recycled electrolyte is free of particles. Having the absolute minimum number of background particles is particularly important with low-concentration measurements as even a small amount of electrolyte contamination can affect results.
- Retains particles greater than 0.2 microns.
- can be utilized with either aqueous or organic electrolytes.
- Particle Insight Shape Module: the shape and size analyzers coupling facilitate in-depth observation of non-spherical particles as well as agglomeration and dissolution processes.