Sophisted Design, Intuitive Operation, Research-Grade Results
ASAP 2020 Plus
- Technical Specifications
- Accesorios Accesories
- Technical Resources
- Information Request
The Micromeritics ASAP 2020 Plus integrates a variety of automated gas sorption techniques into a single, but powerful, table-top instrument.
The system is designed to provide high-quality surface area, porosity, chemisorption and physisorption isotherm data to materials analysis laboratories with ever-expanding analytical requirements.
The ASAP 2020 Plus provides maximum versatility over a remarkable range of applications to meet your specific needs.
- Two independent vacuum systems permit simultaneous preparation of two samples while analyzing another. This maximizes your personnel productivity and your return on time invested.
- Unique and Innovative Isothermal Jacket Cold Zone Control
Isothermal jackets are guaranteed for the life of the instrument and ensure a constant thermal profile along the full length of both the sample and saturation pressure (P°) tubes.
- P0 port with dedicated pressure transducer allows continuous monitoring of saturation pressure.
- Thanks to its versatility, the ASAP 2020 Plus is configurable with many optional accessories to meet your specific analytical requirements.
- Six analysis gas inlets with dedicated vapor and helium free-space ports provide greater flexibility and automated selection of pretreatment, backfill, and analysis gases.
- Long duration and refillable dewar provides virtually unlimited time-of-analysis capability.
- Proprietary transducer system provides unequalled stability, fast response, and low hysteresis for improved accuracy and signal to noise improvement
- Coated monolithic, temperature-controlled, stainless-steel manifold provides non-contaminating, inert surface areas.
- Pharmaceuticals – Surface area and porosity play major roles in the ability to purify, process, blend, tablet, and package a drug substance. The useful shelf life and the dissolution rate (governing how rapidly the medicine becomes available to the body) depend upon the surface area and porosity of the material.
- Activated Carbons – Surface area and porosity must be optimized within narrow ranges to properly accomplish gasoline vapor recovery in automobiles, solvent recovery in painting operations, or pollution controls in wastewater management.
- Catalysts – The active surface area and the porous structure of catalysts have a great influence on production rates. Limiting the pore size allows only molecules of desired sizes to enter and leave; creating a selective catalyst that will produce primarily the desired product. Chemisorption experiments are valuable for the selection of catalysts for a particular purpose, qualification of catalyst vendors, and the testing of a catalyst’s performance over time to establish when the catalyst should be reactivated or replaced.
- Fuel Cells – Fuel cell electrodes require high surface area with controlled porosity to produce optimum power density.
- Adhesives, Alloys, Abrasives, Carbon Black, Carbonates, Ceramics, Cosmetics, Detergents, Filters, Graphite, Paints and Coatings, Polymers, Soils and Sediments
- MicroActive for ASAP 2020 Plus – Interactive Data Reduction and Control SoftwareMicromeritics’ innovative MicroActive software allows users to interactively evaluate isotherm data. Users can easily include or exclude data, fitting the desied range of experimentally acquired data points using interactive click-and-drag calculation bars. The Isotherm can be viewed on linear or logarithmic scales, available to you under each calculation model. No need to generate reports to view results.
- Sub-Ambient Temperature Control DevicesThe precise control offered by the range of Micromeritics sub-ambient temperature control devices allows users to decide which tool will best provide the desired accuracy and performance in the scientific environment.
- Chiller Dewar
- Refrigerated/Heating Circulators
- CryoCooler II
- Cryostato I
- Iso Controller